• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bricked D2 - Stuck at M screen and sbf is erroring out!

inssane

Android Expert
Dec 17, 2009
Chi-Town
I have searched and searched, and tried about everything I could.
I was restoring a nandroid image and it took about twice as long as it normally would, so I pulled the battery. BAM - M screen
Yes, stupid mistake, 20/20 hindsight, but now I am totally stuck.

I launched the bootloader, because I can not get past the M, and connected to RSD Lite.
Followed these instructions Droid 2 sbf - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

and I followed them to a T. I go to flash the first sbf file listed, and I get:

ERROR: Phone[0000]: Phone is not compatible with multi-interface super-file.

There were other numbers and a file name, but that is the jist of it.

PLEASE HELP as if I can't sbf, I am just screwed. I doubt that VZW will be able to replace it on the spot in a corporate store.
Nick

I have searched and searched, and tried about everything I could.
I was restoring a nandroid image and it took about twice as long as it normally would, so I pulled the battery. BAM - M screen
Yes, stupid mistake, 20/20 hindsight, but now I am totally stuck.

I launched the bootloader, because I can not get past the M, and connected to RSD Lite.
Followed these instructions Droid 2 sbf - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

and I followed them to a T. I go to flash the first sbf file listed, and I get:

ERROR: Phone[0000]: Phone is not compatible with multi-interface super-file.

There were other numbers and a file name, but that is the jist of it.

PLEASE HELP as if I can't sbf, I am just screwed. I doubt that VZW will be able to replace it on the spot in a corporate store.
Nick

Something like this happened to me. Call VZW and they will over night a refurb for it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones