• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bricked Lg g stylo

Norinaga

Lurker
Jul 24, 2016
I bricked my lg g stylo i think i bricked it from deleting :/root folder i cant boot into android
[810]--------------------------------------
[810]
[810] Secure booting Error!
[810] Error Code : 1003
[810]
[820]--------------------------------------
Please help me
its a metropcs phone katana rom unrooted(i unrooted it) twrp
the only thing i can do is go into hard reset but after i say yes it just goes back to into to bricked boot loop

Why can"t you boot to recovery and restore your nandroid backup. If you are not rooted and have a custom recovery (twrp) just boot into stock recovery and factory reset. If you can't get into a recover then you will have to start over and use unbrick method.
This
http://androidforums.com/index.php?posts/7323016
Will get you on marshmello 6.0 quick and easy. Just read fully before attempting it.

Last edited:
Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0
So, I bricked my Stylo messing with that Magisk stuff to get Android Pay to work w/root.

I lost TWRP and bootloader. My Stylo has a finicky USB port and only certain USB cords work. I tried everything in my house and was almost surrendering. Then, I tried a brand new USB cord and it worked!

So, I got to download mode and used the LG Flash tool in GT's link above and got my phone back to stock. I even updated to 20c

What was notable is my bootloader was still unlocked. I thought flashing the kdz would lock the bootloader again but it is still unlocked.

I'm going to stay stock probably until I get a new phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones