1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Bricked Samsung Intercept for Sprint (flashed to Boost)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pmains, Aug 18, 2011.

1. pmains

pmains New Member

Aug 18, 2011
    I bought a Samsung Intercept a few months ago that now appears to be more or less bricked. I was using my Twitter app, when the phone froze. After waiting for a while, I took the battery out. Now, when my phone boots up, it says that it has 0.00B of available space in "Internal phone storage." I don't see any of my apps. The lack of storage prevents me from installing Astro File Manager (to back up my data and system folders) or Universal Androot. When I try to access the phone using ADB as root, it tells me that the root user doesn't exist. So, I'm in an infinite loop trying to root the phone.

When I boot into recovery, I get ClockWorkMod v 2.5.1.0 recovery. I look in file manager, and all of the APKs for my apps are there. I go to Backup/Restore, and select TAR backup for both my system and data folder. I don't know where these TARs are located, though. I would like to be able to verify that these are on my SD card before flashing my phone.

Also, when I flash my phone, I'm not really sure how to do that part. As noted above, I don't appear to have root privileges and any new apps I try to install won't install due to the lack of space. (ADB says that I have 30% of my system partition available.)

Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

2. pmains

pmains New Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Hi guys,

I did a factory reset after performing a tar backup of data and system from recovery mode. Following this, I could see all of my old apps, but not my contacts. This wouldn't be an issue, except that I seem to be missing some important contacts that didn't get synced with gmail for whatever reason.

Luckily, I had my old phone sitting on the shelf with all of my missing contacts.