• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Brightness of the X

So during my lunch hour me and a friend from work went to our local verizon store to look at a demo phone that they had. My friend has the incredible and still has her 30 day garuntee.. We compared her phone to the X he had in his hands and the color on the incredible looks alot better

The newer Incredibles won't have the AMOLED screen either, so that's a bit moot.

Even comparing LCD vs AMOLED, The X's colors are actually more true. The Incredible has the contrast adjusted to make the colors pop, but that makes it less accurate.

Upvote 0
As far as over saturated, I think u can still see it on the Super Amoled. I dont know if its as bad as the Inc., but its still noticeable.

I do agree the colors stand out on Amoled. I think LCD has a sharper pic.

There is a thread here comparing the X and the Galaxy S, and even from looking at the clips:

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-x/119365-droid-x-vs-samsung-galaxy-s.html#post1122124

It still looked over saturated to me looking at the street sign. Maybe it just me...

But yea I wanna see screen reviews of these Samsung phones.

Upvote 0
I happen to like LCD screens better, mainly because they are a little bit sharper, and highly visable in sunlight. However with the brightness all the way up, my incredible is visable as well in sunlight. But I believe the Galaxy devices to be Super Amoled, which are brighter, more vibrant, and better in the sunlight then a regular Amoled screen. From some of the screen shots I have seen with the x, the LCD looks a little washed out to me. I'm thinking the brightness wasn't set to high. Either way it should be as good or better then my EVO. Find out tomorrow!

Upvote 0
The AMOLED, and S AMOLED screens are wonderful but heres my problem with them:

How they look and how pictures/videos look on that phone, they will NOT look like that to anyone else, or on any other device. As well as there will be a super shortage of those screens for the next few years due to only very few companies being able to make these.

As well as over saturation... I would rather have a bright screen (which can be change in settings easily and you take of auto brightness which sucks), then a over saturated screen.

IMO.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones