• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Broken cracked screen / iknow the password but i cant input

Hello <
i Have huawei mate 10 with broken/black screen which was powered off and now i try to power it on again
I want to recover the data on it including texts
but i cant connect it to the pc as it requires the password on Boot screen , iknow the password and i have tried the finger print but it still wont pass the login/boot thing < i cant see the screen so icant input the password so i was thinking is there anyway to input the password using PC/laptops or even Normal PC keyboards ?!

Yes, you could try plugging in a regular PC keyboard, or a mouse may work as well. You'll likely need a USB type C adapter to plug them into the Huawei though, unless the keyboard or mouse already is USB type C.

The other thing you could try is a MateDock, which allows you to connect a monitor as well as keyboard/mouse, which sort of makes it into a computer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones