• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Browser not working over wifi

dgdave

Mar 23, 2010
I just went from eclipse 1.2 to tweakstock 1.4. Both ext4 and pbj130 kernel.

The stock browser will not load any pages over wifi. So I decided to try other browsers. Opera, dolphin, and bolt all work fine, but skyfire does not. Once I go to 4G, both stock and Skyfire work fine.

I cannot figure this out for the life of me. Cleared data/cache and done reboots. Any other ideas?

Go to Settings > Wireless & network > Wifi Settings > Advanced > Proxy and make sure it's blank. Somehow things get in there from time to time and it makes wifi browsing problematic.

Just got a replacement phone from Verizon since my original Charge died. This was driving me crazy. Browser would not work on WiFi. Followed your instructions. Proxy said "Wifi Sleep Policy". Deleted that and it works fine now. Why would Verizon put that in there to begin with???

I was ready to send the replacement back. Thanks a lot!

Rich

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones