• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Tried Dolphin and thought it was alright but just found I prefer the stock one. Didn't use the gestures feature in Dolphin very much because I didn't really see a need for it. The button I use most while browsing is the Back button, which has its own button built into the phone.

It seemed like most of the other browsers I found did not support flash, which I found kind of silly since it's one of the reasons I bought an android phone over an iphone, for the flash support.

Still running stock since it seems to be reasonably quick and isn't missing any features I crave really.

Upvote 0
While using Opera, it would hang and be really slow scrolling the page :/

that's strange. opera mobile 11 is the fastest flash browser i've ever used on the atrix by far...for both loading and scrolling... i even got out the stopwatch to test...
this is between stock, xscope, dolphin mini, dolphin hd, and some others which i've long forgotten.

maybe it was a bad install or something is/was conflicting? on the latest opera mobile 11 update yesterday it would hang briefly while loading some pages, i uninstalled and reinstalled and everything is back to normal. there are also tons of settings if you go into opera:config.

anyhow,
i keep dolphin mini around just because it will keep on playing flash content (for orb) even with the screen off. i use xscope any time something doesn't sit well with opera...which is rare, but happens sometimes...i just wish xscope would autofullscreen (vs manual) for me.
i keep opera mini just for posterity sake since it's what i used on my old winmo phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones