• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Howdy folks! I'm moving over here after getting switched over to a Rezound (refurb) after 3 Tbolts and a load of calls to Verizon. I got the phone on Thursday and already have seen the phone go MENTAL 3 times now. Not sure what triggers it, but the screen goes totally blue, after a call one time. Then 2 very shaky identical screens appear, one on top of the other. None of the controls work, but I did find that simply turning the screen off, then back on fixes it. Scares the crap out of me. I don't want to do a hard reset as I just got things the way I want them. Nor am I ready to turn it in for another refurb. I've been reading the Rezound forum for days and always appreciate all the great info on this forum. For now that's the only issue I have with this phone. Coming from a Bolt I'm familiar with how this phone works. I had a lot of data problems (like keeping 4g or even 3g at times) and so far this phone seems better. Mind you, I'm inside the loop in Houston which should have awesome 4g all the time. I had thought about checking out the Nexus, but after reading the forums, I don't even feel like wasting my time.
I do have one specific question. I'm seeing some folks have used a 32 gig card in this phone, I've looked at the card in the phone and it doesn't look removable. Could someone tell me how to do it?
Thank you in advance!
cd

The Rezound partitions the SD and will create a separate file structure for its own use. As far as your issues, sounds like typical Verizon refurb garbage QA. They probably just received a problematic phone, performed a restore and then sent it back out. Call Verizon and ask to speak with tech support escalations.

Upvote 0
my friend that i sold a rezound to is having that same exact blue screen problem! nobody on xda ever saw it. have you figured anything else out??

No idea what makes it do it. I saw it today when I turned the screen on. Turned it off and turned it back on and it was fine. If it would only happen when I'm near the Verizon store...lol. I next time it happens I'll take pix & video on my camera.

Im on my second Rezound. My first did exactly what you're describing the very first time it booted. The salesman at verizon said it was his first Rezound sold so he didn't know if it was normal. It didn't do it again in the store so i took it home. Within a week it had done the double screen several more times. They swapped it for me and this one hasn't done it, though it did bootloop a few times. The handset was supposed to be brand new since i just bought it. Don't think it has anything to do with it being a refurb...

Upvote 0
Im on my second Rezound. My first did exactly what you're describing the very first time it booted. The salesman at verizon said it was his first Rezound sold so he didn't know if it was normal. It didn't do it again in the store so i took it home. Within a week it had done the double screen several more times. They swapped it for me and this one hasn't done it, though it did bootloop a few times. The handset was supposed to be brand new since i just bought it. Don't think it has anything to do with it being a refurb...

Thank you so much for this info!! I knew I couldn't be the only one having this happen!

Reactions: cannadroid6203
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones