• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bubblebeats

Kona

Lurker
Aug 25, 2009
I was wondering if anyone else has tried out Bubblebeats yet.

I'm thoroughly impressed by the concept. For those who have yet to come across it , you basically create music playlists using bubbles. But the impressive part is that these playlists are neither totally random, or totally predictable, but nicely inbetween.

The best way to understand would be to read the blurb on the website. Personally I'd recommend reading the text underneath the video first for the overall concept, and then the video afterwards for instructions of how to use it.

It takes a bit of effort to make the playlists (or foams as they are termed), but in my opinion the results are very much worth it. On my current attempt I can start with some acoustic numbers, and by the end of it I may of gradually drifted into listening to say some downtempo beats, old school grunge, or contemporary trip-hop all via the (structured) randomness of the bubbles. Love it. :D

I tried it out and was impressed with it, but, I have to say it's not something I'm likely to ever use myself. I love the bubble grouping concept though, very clever indeed and it could potentially be used in areas other than music playlists (eg groups of contacts or maybe even web links, like a modified tag cloud?) . I interviewed the developer, Jason Van Anden, for my blog last week and I thought he came across as a really clued up guy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones