• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Busybox - Smart Install and Symlinks

Jay Lecera

Lurker
Jan 29, 2021
Anyone, i need help?
4 Months ago, i rooted my phone. Then i installed Busybox Pro. I am thinking what is the purpose of Smart Install and Symlinks, so i checked it and install binary. After a week, i decided to unroot my phone. I uninstalled Busybox Binary, but a warning dialog comes out and says 'we do not have responsibility on what will happen' something like that and i accidentally press yes to uninstall busybox. Then something went wrong, i can't open the busybox app, it says that 'i must fix the binaries' something like that and decided to unroot. After that, i noticed that i cannot connect to any wifi, use my mobile data, use my sim card, no more internet. And the second is i can't turn on OEM unlocking anymore. Then i try terminal and type ls, mv, cp but not found at sh anymore. I thought that Busybox deletes almost of /xbin files, anyone can help me?

what phone do you have? do you still have a custom recovery? if so did you make a nandroid backup? if you have a custom recovery, but did not make a nandroid backup, then that was your first mistake. if you do not have a custom recovery then that is your second mistake....or first depending on how you look at it....LOL

edit:
if you have a custom recovery you can flash a custom rom. if you do not then you will have to flash a firmware update made specifically for your phone.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
what phone do you have? do you still have a custom recovery? if so did you make a nandroid backup? if you have a custom recovery, but did not make a nandroid backup, then that was your first mistake. if you do not have a custom recovery then that is your second mistake....or first depending on how you look at it....LOL

edit:
if you have a custom recovery you can flash a custom rom. if you do not then you will have to flash a firmware update made specifically for your phone.

Can ADB fix my problem?
Because the system update, i removed after rooting.

Upvote 0
Can ADB fix my problem?
Because the system update, i removed after rooting.

I suppose if you've got the files that you deleted, and you know where they go, then possibly might be able to restore them via ADB. Otherwise you'll have to re-flash the whole ROM. Of course I can't help you with that, as I don't know what phone you've got, and the Ministry of Magic confiscated my scrying glass.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones