• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Button backlights?

The funny thing is that the code knows how to do it - adjbrightness will sometimes leave the buttons in a state where they fade on and off, so PWM brightness control IS supported in the hardware and software.

I don't know how to get to it though... and yes, that would be nice if you could. I'd like to have them on but at a very low level, so that in total darkness they're lit up but in normal light (where you can see them) they don't appear to be "on". This would also help battery consumption materially.

Upvote 0
The funny thing is that the code knows how to do it - adjbrightness will sometimes leave the buttons in a state where they fade on and off, so PWM brightness control IS supported in the hardware and software.

I don't know how to get to it though... and yes, that would be nice if you could. I'd like to have them on but at a very low level, so that in total darkness they're lit up but in normal light (where you can see them) they don't appear to be "on". This would also help battery consumption materially.

You're thinking exactly the way I am

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones