• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Calculating Used Memory with Apps2SD

OFI

Android Enthusiast
Apr 17, 2010
So we know the phone still uses some internal memory with apps2sd installed.

However.. how do you tell how much internal space each app is using? As far as I can tell the manage apps menu only tells you the total storage space that is used by the app, not the amount for each storage medium.

I am very close to filling the internal memory with so many apps installed but not knowing how much each is using makes it hard to manage. I uninstalled several to release less than 1MB space so it isn't obvious which ones to get rid of.

I think you misread my post :)

You are correct, I will never fill the Apps2SD partition because it's pretty much impossible. The amount it still requires to store on the phone makes it so.

I have probably only used around 260MB of the Apps2SD partition however the 147MB Internal Phone Storage is also quite close to being full and that is the issue :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones