• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calendar App to Use Default GCal Reminders

Hello Everybody,

I've searched the forums, but can't find an answer to this question.

I would like to be able to create an event in any available Calendar App that inherits the default reminder settings from my GCal. I have it set up to remind me via email and SMS at certain times, which I've found work best for me. Most programs (Pure Cal, Default Cal, Jorte, etc.) only allow you to set Pop-Up reminders, which are great if you have your phone with you or are on GCal, but are useless if you're checking your email from a remote location.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Koala

I use Calengoo. Not sure if this is what you want. When I set up a reminder for an event in Calengoo, I can set it up so that it pops up, sends an email or sends an SMS.

Edit: I just created an event in google with an email reminder and it synced to Calengoo, so it works both ways.

Also, under the Settings|Reminders I can enable "Reminders for Android calendars", but I have to admit I don't know what this means.

Upvote 0
Hello Everybody,

I've searched the forums, but can't find an answer to this question.

I would like to be able to create an event in any available Calendar App that inherits the default reminder settings from my GCal. I have it set up to remind me via email and SMS at certain times, which I've found work best for me. Most programs (Pure Cal, Default Cal, Jorte, etc.) only allow you to set Pop-Up reminders, which are great if you have your phone with you or are on GCal, but are useless if you're checking your email from a remote location.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Koala

I have the same problem. As of now, if I create an event on my phone, I try and remember later on to go to Google Calendar from my computer and add the email reminder.

Of course this doesn't help if I enter an event and don't have access to a computer before the event reminder comes.....

I will be watching this thread hoping for a solution.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones