• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calendar reminder settings for individual calendars

markanderin

Jan 15, 2010
Searched for an answer to this high and low. I have the HTC Incredible running Sense. Just recently upgraded to Froyo, however this issue was present before that. I'm having trouble with Calendar Reminder Settings maintaining settings for individual calendars. I have a work calendar synced with exchange and a personal calendar through gcal. I want to set it so that I don't get notifications for my work events (those come up on my computer, i just want them on my phone so i can check my schedule when i'm away from my desk), but do get notifications for my personal events.

This looks like it is possible. I go into calendar menu settings, Uncheck "all calendars". Then click on "apply settings to" for the different calendars and change the "alert,notification bar,off" reminder settings for each. Seems pretty straight forward that it's supposed to work that way, but it doesn't. It is not maintaining the changes. It simply sets them all to the setting of
whichever alert setting I selected last. Thoughts?

Yes, I have the exact same issue.

I have my work calendar which i don't want notifications for and i have my personal calendar which i do want notifications for.

So in Calendar settings -> Reminder settings -> Apply settings to
i select 'work calendar' and Set alerts & notifications = Off
i select 'personal calendar' and Set alerts & notifications = Alert

However, i then get Alerts for both 'work calendar' and 'personal calendar'.

:(

Android ver 2.2
Software number 2.29.405.5

Upvote 0
You can deal with this by disabling all notifications in your default calendar and then use a different calendar app which supports notifications internally, for example gemini calendar.

Then only add the calendars to your gemini configuration for which you want to be notified. Of course you'll continue to use your old calendar app to view all of your calendars.

HTH...

Upvote 0
I am having this same problem and it is driving me crazy! I also haven't found an answer anywhere else other than here. Is there any way to get around this problem without downloading a separate app? I'm hesitant to download a new app every time there's a problem.

I just want to get alerts for important things like doctors appointments (google calendar) but NOT get alerts telling me one of my coworkers is working from home today (exchange calendar)... Anyone have any ideas?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones