• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
hope you guys/girls can help me with this. i only got the phone yesterday,(xperia x10i). When i tip the calender icon, it goes into a blue background and nothing else. Noting happens when i press the options button either, just stays a blue screen until i hit back.

any help at all would be great.

thanks for reading:)

firmware version? thats 1.6.

sorry, this is my first smartphone. dont have much of a clue of what im doin

Yes firmware. If I were you I would find out if your carrier has provided the 2.1 upgrade yet(most have) and install it. This might seem daunting since you're new to smartphones but really it's not that tough. You need to install two applications both you can get from Sony Ericsson's website, PC Companion and SEUS(forget what the long form is).

PC COmpanion has a support link that will tell you if there are available updates for your phone. If so, launch SEUS and follow the easy instructions. Before you do, back up any critical data(i.e. export your contacts to your SIM card) and it will flash your phone with the 2.1 firmware.

There are many advantages including increased performance, extended battery life, new look and feel... it's kinda pointless to spend a lot of time troubleshooting a 1.6 issue when 2.1 is likely available.

There's a lot of support for this process on this forum so lean on us and we'll get you through it :)

Upvote 0
thanks very much smoked, i think i have it sorted now. (restore factory settings)

i got onto my customer care & SE, apparently 2.1 was pulled last week in ireland on vodafone over MMS issues. i cant download the programs from the links you provided. they're not mac friendly, PC needed so will have to do it from a mates comp.

thanks again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones