• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Call forward delay setting

Call forwarding in it's truest sense would hand the call directly to voicemail and is handled by the carrier. It should never ring on your phone. Now, the time a call rings before it thinks you aren't answering it can be adjusted, but that's usually a carrier setting. I found this article, but it's a little old and doesn't cover VM. You might want to call them and see if there is a specific set of commands.

You can also use contacts to send individual numbers directly to voicemail and I'm not sure if you'd get a single ring first. If this is happening with every call, do you have some kind of call manager installed on your phone?

Reactions: bensoynoy32
Upvote 0
Then you'll probably have to contact Virgin Mobile to find the method to increase your ring duration. If contacting customer service sends a chill down your spine, you might try a few other things first like rebooting your phone. If that doesn't fix it, you might also try putting your sim in another phone and calling that to see if it has the same problem. If it does, then it's definitely VM handing the calls.

Upvote 0
Then you'll probably have to contact Virgin Mobile to find the method to increase your ring duration. If contacting customer service sends a chill down your spine, you might try a few other things first like rebooting your phone. If that doesn't fix it, you might also try putting your sim in another phone and calling that to see if it has the same problem. If it does, then it's definitely VM handing the calls.

Reactions: KathyJM
Upvote 0
My phone has suddenly started forwarding calls to voicemail after only 1 ring. I can't find a setting to change the delay.

I am running Nougat on a Samsung J5; my carrier is Virgin.
My phone is not rooted (please don't suggest that I root it).

The delay before going to voicemail for unanswered calls can, depending on device and carrier, be set from within the Call app.

I have three HTC devices on different carriers, BT, EE and THREE and in each case I can set the delay.

It may be that your Samsung doesn't have the ability but have you checked in the Call app settings?

The following screenshots are from one of my HTC devices and all are identical.

Screenshot_20171228-153146.png Screenshot_20171228-153209.png Screenshot_20171228-153232.png Screenshot_20171228-153250.png

Edit
The previous posts came in while I was writing mine :thinking::). Just ignore me....I'm used to it:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones