• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Happy New Year 2023 2024

OMG.......i just bought this for tonight:

hangover.....here i come.

in case i do not make it back here today or tomorrow........
New Year Penguin GIF by Pudgy Penguins
New Year Love GIF by TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®
Happy New Years GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

Upvote 0
I bought a bottle of Rye. 3 shot maximum for me. I'm a wimp. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 170474
never been a fan of bulleit.

this is my favorite and is comparable to it:

i have the 10yr version......i might pop that open tonight....after the fireball is done.

Reactions: olbriar and AugieTN
Upvote 0
Being as I was home for a change, I took the opportunity to ring my bell. It's been eight or ten years since it last was used. What a beautiful sound and I suspect it was heard blocks away. If it was elevated as in a tower, I bet the sound would travel a mile or more. I'm sure my neighbors were happy to hear me home. :)

Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN
Upvote 0
......I suspect it was heard blocks away......

Growing up, Mercury, Gemini and Apollo rockets were the big thing. Me and the next door neighbor kid were mini Wernher von Braun's kids and we found a book on rocketry. We started building solid fuel rockets using pipes. It took us quite a while to get the solid fuel mixture and thrust correct. Once we got the solid fuel and thrust correct we built a pretty big rocket.

The night we launched it off, it went up about 200ft and blew up. It left a gigantic smoke ring in the sky. The explosion was so loud our ears were ringing. Our parents thought we killed our self. The next day people around the neighborhood were talking about the explosion they heard. People a block away said their windows rattled from the explosion.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze and olbriar
Upvote 0
I thought Chinese New Year was an entirely different time of the year?

That's the Lunar New Year, which in 2024 is 10th February, Year of the Dragon. This is a main public holiday here in China. Chinese New Year - Wikipedia

Plus aren't they in like the way future compared to the U.S.?

Only some hours in the future compared to the US. CST(Beijing Time) is always plus 8 hours of UTC(Greenwich Mean Time). US is minus of UTC.

Upvote 0
We had the usual gun shots mixed with the fireworks last nite.

By 12:30 all was quiet again and i was able to go to sleep.

Today is feast day, I cooked the purple hulls and made the tater salad yesterday, got to put the ham in the oven, and boil cabbage, going to make cornbread in a bit after the surfing is done.

today is the first day of the rest of the year !

Upvote 0
yay!!!!! i survived the new year!!!!!!!!

just finished making my cioppino....it was so good. for those who do not know, it is basically a seafood stew. i made it with dungenese crab, oysters(wholefoods did not have mussels), little neck clams, and halibut. i also had parsnips(carrots without the orange), fennel, and onions. i served it with some nice toasted, crusty french bread. it is perfect for a hangover.

Reactions: olbriar and AugieTN
Upvote 0

just finished making my cioppino....it was so good. for those who do not know, it is basically a seafood stew. i made it with dungenese crab, oysters(wholefoods did not have mussels), little neck clams, and halibut. i also had parsnips(carrots without the orange), fennel, and onions. i served it with some nice toasted, crusty french bread. it is perfect for a hangover.

It's called bouillabaisse in France. I had it in Marseille and it was delicious :love:

Reactions: ocnbrze and olbriar
Upvote 0

Sounds like a millennial trying to make gumbo :cool:

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
Meh, another year, another dose of EZGO RXVs at the shop. One with possible fried controller. NOT looking forward to telling the customer about the $2500 bill.

He had put a 5th battery in a pack of four batteries and overvolted the damn thing. I bet he thought 'more power!!!' FYI Home Improvement was a sitcom, not really meant to be taken as serious home improvement tips, fool.

Also, Wear OS is still awful. Galaxy Watch 6 still has reversed home/back buttons, STILL no rotary app drawer or app badges for notifications, it STILL keeps relocking itself even when wearing it (just had to re-enter PIN for the 10th time today!!!) and I still have zero alti-barometer app, widget, battery life still sucks, and I hate how I have to enter my PIN even once when putting it on. My original Tizen Galaxy Watch only needed you to enter the PIN to use Samsung Pay, and only the first time you used it. You never needed to use a PIN to just look at your notifications or open apps.

Samsung, PLEASE go back to Tizen!!!

I'm not giving up yet, but boy this year looks to be much the same as the last few...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones