• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Call Forwarding Settings

deke40

Feb 1, 2018
I have always been able to get to the call forwarding settings under "More Settings" on my AT&T Galaxy S5 running Marshmallow.

Now I get the "Failed to read data- Network or Sim card error. Three days ago I called customer service and got somebody in a foreign country I couldn't understand to help with blocking robocalls. I had over 50 robos in a row inside of 1 hour with what appeared to be spoofed numbers. The person did something to combat this, I couldn't understand him, and 3 days later I happen to notice the problem with my call forwarding.I don't actually know what they did at AT&T but I have only had one "don't know who calls" and it might have been a wrong number call.

The only thing that bugs me is when I go to "More Settings" in the Call section I get the "Failed To Read Data" -Network or SIM card errror.
It shows all my call forwarding options(Forward when busy-Forward when unaswered- and Forward when unreachable) or off but if I test all three of them they work. I found they had a lot of trouble with this in the early days of my S5 and other phones. I haven't found a way to remedy it yet. Hate to
call AT&T as I will get outsourced and not be able to understand them. I guess as it is working I should leave it alone but still bugs me that these settings
are not reachable. I still have the old * codes to do it manually but as their working anyway that would not be productive.

I just switched my SIM card to my wife's S5 and the "More Settings" worked and my "Call Forwarding Options" were all on as I had ascertained before.
Still wonder why I can't view the same settings on my S5. Something phone related I guess. Going compare settings on both phones.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones