• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help caller Id only showing numbers

Maybe related....

***No contact list***
Once I updated to 2.2 from 1.6, my unrooted ZIO worked great, but my contact list only showed a few contacts which I had deleted a long time ago. None of my current contacts showed up.
mad.gif
mad.gif
However, the text messages, all had the names, and you could access the contact's info from the messages, same for the call list. I tried everything to get the list to show, but backup would not add any contacts, as they were clearly somewhere on the phone already. What I wound up doing that worked, was I copied all of my files (including contacts file) from the SD card onto my pc, then formatted the SD. Then I did the factory reset on the phone. Then I recopied the previous SD contents back to the Sd, but only the contact file, music, pics, etc. Nothing that looked like it was for the operations on the phone. Then I brought up the empty contact list on my factory fresh looking phone, and imported the contacts. Finally.
biggrin.gif
Even Cricket could not help me with this, and just opened a ticket on it. Hope it helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones