• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Caller ID & Spam Protection turning off

Teris

May 5, 2010
I'm on Verizon with an unlocked Note 8. Caller ID and Spam Protection turns off by itself. I noticed it because even calls from my contacts don't show up with caller id. Anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know of a fix? Thanks!

Reading around it seems that the carrier locked folks recieved an update that fixed it. My Samsung understanding is that the carrier unlocked versions are the last to get the update in the US, so you may have to wait.

Thanks for the info! Hopefully an update comes soon. It's really irritating.

If it's not too much trouble, can you please link where you saw info about the update?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the info! Hopefully an update comes soon. It's really irritating.

If it's not too much trouble, can you please link where you saw info about the update?
No trouble at all. I read a few threads on XDA and some other forums regarding the specific bug. This one (https://forum.xda-developers.com/s10-plus/help/caller-id-spam-protection-setting-t3913505) is the most concise (though still three pages). The bug spanned the globe as I saw references to it from some folks in the UK as well.

As far as updating carrier locked phones in the US before unlocked phones, I've picked that up around here while reading different threads over time. I'm sure other samsung owners can confirm and maybe offer links to threads where it is discussed. It usually comes up in a bug thread like this where fixes roll out to carrier locked devices (AT&T, T-Mo, VZW) before unlocked versions.

Reactions: tube517 and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
No trouble at all. I read a few threads on XDA and some other forums regarding the specific bug. This one (https://forum.xda-developers.com/s10-plus/help/caller-id-spam-protection-setting-t3913505) is the most concise (though still three pages). The bug spanned the globe as I saw references to it from some folks in the UK as well.

As far as updating carrier locked phones in the US before unlocked phones, I've picked that up around here while reading different threads over time. I'm sure other samsung owners can confirm and maybe offer links to threads where it is discussed. It usually comes up in a bug thread like this where fixes roll out to carrier locked devices (AT&T, T-Mo, VZW) before unlocked versions.

Awesome, thanks!

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones