• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calling fellow UK men and women - any of you received a VAT bill yet?

I'm not just talking about the Nexus One here, I frequent a car owners club forum where parts are very often sort from Japan/US from companies who do things legally and getting away without paying VAT.

It does happen, maybe not often, but it does.

I've never seen that happen when the customs code was correct unless it was manually mis-entered. I guess if parts are sent without pre-clearing it could happen. Its just human error rather than them 'missing' the package. The chance of it happening on the N1 is close to zero 0.

Upvote 0
It's a delight when it comes isn't it? Especially when you know what it is even before opening the package.

Yeah, such a joy. My company was going to pay it, they had it open and it was with finance but I said that I better pay it just in case!!
They kept insisting but I felt guilty and think they may call a favour in at some point saying, "Oh well remeber we paid your VAT bill for you". Not on your nelly :p.
It came to

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones