• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera Focus Problem

Psychoplasm

Lurker
Sep 27, 2012
Hi, im new to Android and i just got a Galaxy Ace.

So here is my problem, when i want to take a close picture it just doesnt focus. I've tried with Macro Focus and Auto Focus. I touch the screen and nothing happens, i've tried everything and it just doesnt focus at all. I wonder if its my rom. I have a stock rom i havent rooted it or done any modifications. Please help me im very desperate. I have Gingerbread 2.3.6

Thanks.

Hi again, i posted on your intro post :).

Anyhow i have been digging around the web and it sounds like a pretty localized problem.

First off take out the battery and reboot. If that doesn't work, i would try a factory reset.

If that fails as well then it is probably some kind of hardware issue.

Hopefully one of these answers is helpful :)

Upvote 0
Hey Digital, i tried taking my battery out and rebooting using the recovery mode but nothing happens i've also tried a factory reset and still. When i went to the store today they told me to do a factory reset and i did it as soon i got home. What is concerning me is that sometimes the autofocus works. Today it worked like for 5 minutes and then no focus.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones