• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Camera picture thread

46093_444660025768_791780768_4901506_7851337_n.jpg

Upvote 0
Here's some pics after I washed my car. I also took a pic inside at night with very dim lighting. I did have the night mode on. It's pretty blurry which I don't really like. They should have just put the dang LED light on every samsung galaxy model. So ******ed....

2010-08-14155625.jpg

2010-08-14155614.jpg

camaro.jpg

2010-08-10004453.jpg

As said before, plenty of lighting is 'key'.

I haven't tried to take a pic with the panoramic feature yet.

Upvote 0
Had some time this evening before the train came in, so I walked around Los Angeles Union Station. I decided to do some shots at dusk.

Images usually always come out pretty stale when you have it set on auto contrast (it disables manual controls). So I turn that off and used +1 Saturation most of the time, which really brings the colors back to what they should be. The camera loves to overexpose when it's bright so you have to knock that down a few notches to get a decent photo.

When this thing starts pushing the ISO up, it gets noisy really fast. Notice in the first image the noise reduction is working overtime and kills almost all the details in the flowers and leaves. Second photo, the noise reduction is still pretty aggressive even at ISO 50! It retains most of the detail but still pretty pitiful.

Also pretty disappointed that settings aren't retained after leaving the camera app. I always have to go back and set up contrast and saturation again, pretty time consuming.

20100830192335.jpg

20100830192159.jpg

Upvote 0
Howzabout a video? The auto-embed means no full-sized HD, so if you want to see the full-sized 720p version, ya gotta click on the video to watch it @ YouTube (then you can click the expand arrows in the bottom right). Quality's pretty darn good, imo, but you can see the limitation of the 30fps @ the end when Quinne shakes off the water:

YouTube - Quinne at the beach

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones