• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera..wow

GoNavy

Feb 26, 2012
Anyone notice all the camera setting on this phone..jeez...I have no idea what half that stuff is...lol...as you look in landscape mode, top icon on right where it say auto, if you swipe it down there are several more options iso setting, saturation, etc... anyone know what all those do, and top left tap on the screen gives you bar to adjust light, what exactly does this do, there is already a white balance setting on the right third icon down. Love the camera, but it is a little much, auto takes great pictures as long as you have a lot of light, outside daytime, low light indoors, not so good, comes out very grainy. So I guess I need to learn these setting to get them better. Any advise will help

Those settings are all stuff a photographer would understand. I haven't looked at what is available myself.

ISO, shutter speed, and aperture are settings for a camera that allows you to control the amount of light that reaches the camera sensor. They all perform together to get a proper exposure and all perform semi-dependently to create an image of your choosing (when adjusting one for a specific reason, you have to adjust another to achieve the proper exposure again.) Any preset condition that you can set for specific purposes are predetermined (poorly) settings of those 3 things to create a photo of a specific purpose.

The camera sensor on the phone is terrible. It works fine for viewing the photo on the camera itself, but is horrible image quality to use outside of the camera. If you want to take photos of quality, you need a dSLR camera. If you want a camera for snapshots you need a good Point and Shoot camera. If you don't want to carry 2 devices (P&S camera and phone) and want to take snapshots that are usable you need an iPhone. The iPhone camera rivals many of the P&S cameras available out there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones