• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Camera360 - Battery Hog?

thatguy188

Android Enthusiast
Aug 12, 2011
South Carolina
Absolutely love this App. Great functionality. I got the premium version.

Anyways, I've noticed it's a total Battery HOG! Earlier I only had 5 hours of use in my Droid Bionic, and Camera360 took 85% of the Battery!!! Now mind you, I only used it for about 10-15 minutes and took about 10 pictures.

Is that normal, or am I missing something?!

Thanks!

Absolutely love this App. Great functionality. I got the premium version.

Anyways, I've noticed it's a total Battery HOG! Earlier I only had 5 hours of use in my Droid Bionic, and Camera360 took 85% of the Battery!!! Now mind you, I only used it for about 10-15 minutes and took about 10 pictures.

Is that normal, or am I missing something?!

Thanks!

Yes, I noticed that too. It's Camera360's main drawback, imo. Otherwise a nice app.

But whether that's 'normal' depends on one's definition of 'normal'. Afaic that battery drain indeed seems to be the norm, but I would certainly not call it 'normal'. It's really a royal PITA, of course!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones