1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can anyone help me fix a Moto G4 Play messenger issue?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ineedhelp100, May 23, 2017.

1. Ineedhelp100

Ineedhelp100 Newbie

When people try to send me high quality pictures I get really grainy ones instead. When I double tap it zooms out a ton which is why it's so blurry, it's receiving them zoomed way out but still in the same wuality so when I zoom in to get the photos it's grainy. I know they were not like that when sent, does anyone know how to fix this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

It might be compression. Picture texts (MMS) are usually compressed when sending because most/all carriers have a size limit for messages.

Check your messaging apps settings (and you friends), some allow you to set the maximum size of MMS so you might be able to increase the quality a little. But if it's over the limit the carrier might not send it, or compress it further.

If their messaging app doesn't have that setting you can use Textra:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.textra

3. Ineedhelp100

Ineedhelp100 Newbie

I've checked out Textra and I think the image issue is still there, it's hard to tell, the picture I got was dark. Is 2MB big enough or should I bump it up to no limit? (By default it was set to 1MB)

4. kate

The limit is determined by your carrier and your friends, you can try no limit and if it doesn't work go down from there.

Your friend should also install Textra and start at no limit in case their app is the one compressing it.

5. Ineedhelp100

Ineedhelp100 Newbie

They are all on apple, is Textra still a thing there? I don't think it's them I've received messages fine when I had my iPod, the problem didn't start til I switched to Android. My siblings on apple are on the same carrier but don't have the same problem.

6. kate

Not sure if Textra is on iPhone.

You could also try WhatsApp or similar apps that don't go through your carriers. Both people would need the app and it's available for both Android and iOS.

7. Ineedhelp100

Ineedhelp100 Newbie

Still having same problem Textra didn't help am on Mood messenger now. It is the same problem no matter if it is from an apple or Moto phone. It's probably not Verizon, as that is a very common network and this problem doesn't seem to occur amongst others oculd it be my Moto G4 play and if so can I fix it?

8. Ineedhelp100

Ineedhelp100 Newbie

Are there any other apps like WhatsApp that don't go through carrier but are free?

9. kate

10. Ineedhelp100

Ineedhelp100 Newbie

11. kate

Based on their descriptions I would guess both people need the app.

12. Ineedhelp100

Ineedhelp100 Newbie

darn that dosn't seem to solve the problem then

13. kate

Can the other person not install apps on their phone? WhatsApp, Line, and We Chat are available on iOS.

If no options work you can also email the pictures at full quality to each other.

14. Ineedhelp100

Ineedhelp100 Newbie

yes but I'm talking about in general every picture I get is blurry and I can't ask all of my contacts to download an app just to talk to me

Motorola Moto G4 Play Forum

The Motorola Moto G4 Play release date was August 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1/2GB RAM, Snapdragon 410 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

August 2016
Release Date
Reviews