• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help can anyone share experiences of repaired returned galaxy s

loire_laguna

Lurker
Dec 16, 2010
hey just wondering if anyone who loaded 2.2 and ended up sending in their bricked galaxy s for repair through bell, has got it back and can comment on the experience?

i'm still in the waiting stage, going to take 3 to 6 weeks.. those bell repair people better not scratch my damn screen, i gave the phone to them mint. paid in full for the damn thing so i could go monthly instead of contract.

Mine bricked after about 10 days of being on 2.2
I initially left it at the Bell corporate store for repair and got a loaner but the next day I went back to pick it up and brought it myself to Samsung repair center as it is only a 25 min drive. I got there at 9 am and at 10 am I was out with my phone. It runs perfectly but I am back on 2.1 The idea of leaving my phone there for weeks was really bothering me so I'm glad I brought it there myself. Now they told me it was all software related because of the update which I'm not 100% convinced but only time will tell. It is running fine now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones