• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can I delete the City Id app

If I unlock the bootloader will I be able to delete the city Id app? I have trying to force stop it but every now and then it comes up after a call. I hit ok to try to start the free trial so I can then shut it off but when I click ok it does nothing. I can not find the app anywhere accept under manage apps under the all tab.

Maybe if you unlock the boot loader then root the phone.I don't think it can be done by just unlocking the boot loader.It should quit coming up after the free trial but it will still remain on your phone unless you root it and remove it completely.
I haven't unlocked mine "yet" due to the warranty.
Maybe you can remove it if you just unlock the boot loader.Here's a thread you might want to check out.
http://androidforums.com/evo-3d-all-things-root/388671-what-can-i-do-unlocked-bootloader-htc-announces-web-based-bootloader-unlock-tool.html

Upvote 0
I have had the phone since the first weekend it came out. The free trial should have been over by now. It just pops up and if you hit ok it just closes out as if you hit the back button. It just started this it acts as if some of the files are missing and it just keeps prompting you to the main screen for the app.

Upvote 0
Im not sure.This hasn't happened on mine.You might try a soft reset and see what it does.If that don't work maybe a hard reset will.Other then that you will have to unlock the boot loader to remove it completely.Have you checked under menu/settings/applications/running services.See if its running there.If so you should be able to stop it after selecting it here.Then do a re-boot and go back and check to see if it starts back up.If not this should do it.
I will see if i can find any more info on it.
See this post>"Just realized that if you open up the City ID app, and stop trial, It will give you the option to remove it.
Remove City ID without root - xda-developers
Maybe another way below
Originally Posted by willdogs
I was just able to uninstall this bloatware very easily.

It comes with an automatic free trial which I never wanted in the first place. Messing around with it I found a way to stop it and remove the damn thing.

1. Open CityID
2. Click on "Subscription Status" then "Stop Free Trial"
3. Click Confirm
4. Click Remove Software
5. Click Confirm
6. Less Bloat on your phone

Reactions: rmwboss
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones