• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I move SmartSwitch location

I have a Galaxy S9. I backup and Synchronise regularly using my hp laptop.
At the Moment SmartSwitch has stored, by default, onto my Microsoft OneDrive. The Backup folder uses up about 8GB of the availible 10GB (free) memory.

Can I move SmartSwitch to an external 5TB Samsung drive that I use, to free up space on the OneDrive.

If I do so, will SmartSwitch "find" it when I next backup, synchronise or wish to restore.

I'm sure Smart Switch can use a local drive, rather than just cloud online, i.e. Microsoft OneDrive. If you configure it to backup to a local drive, probably be easier just to start a new backup from your existing Samsung device. Exact details I don't know, as I don't have any Samsung devices now.

Thanks for the idea. SmartSwitch didn't want to work the first couple of times I tried it after setting it up on an external drive but it then gave up fighting back and worked fine for backing up but not synchronising!

Upvote 0
HahahahHaa ... oh ... sorry.
wink.png

Smart Switch is Samsung's replacement for Kies, which will, among other things, backup data from your phone and give you the ability to restore the stock firmware.
Thaknks for not laughing 😊! Ok so here is another laugh for you... What would cause my ip and location to say I was in another state?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones