• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I require authentication for purchases?

ugcheleuce

Lurker
Feb 22, 2019
Hello everyone
I'm testing an Android game for someone using BlueStacks 4, and there are in-game purchases. Although I've been supplied with a million complementary "coins" for testing purposes, it would appear that I can actually perform in-game purchasing, and I would prefer not to. On my actual phone, I have set it so that my password is required for purchases, but in the game on BlueStacks, the purchase appears to go through without prompt (I'll have to check my credit card statement later to see if it had actually bought anything). I'm not sure what is the "connection" between my BlueStacks installation and my actual phone -- both use the same username. I did not install the game via Google Play but via a supplied APK (although the game is available via Google Play as well).
Does anyone have a solution for me?
Thanks!
Samuel

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones