• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can I use AT&T cell towers?

WisemanWV

Lurker
Mar 15, 2011
Hello everyone, I bought a prepaid T-mobile Samsung Exhibit 2 4G recently and I'm considering rooting for 1 reason. THERE ARE NO T-MOBILE TOWERS IN MY AREA! How stupid is that? I bought it at a walmart less that 1 mile from my house.

The only towers in my area are AT&T and T-mobile won't let me send data through them, only calls and text. So my question is this. If I root my phone will I be able to use data over AT&Ts network?

Any help is much appreciated and the more details the better.

Thank you again

Hello everyone, I bought a prepaid T-mobile Samsung Exhibit 2 4G recently and I'm considering rooting for 1 reason. THERE ARE NO T-MOBILE TOWERS IN MY AREA! How stupid is that? I bought it at a walmart less that 1 mile from my house.

The only towers in my area are AT&T and T-mobile won't let me send data through them, only calls and text. So my question is this. If I root my phone will I be able to use data over AT&Ts network?

No. That's not the issue. You can change your carrier to AT&T by 1) getting the phone unlocked 2)getting an AT&T SIM and an AT&T calling plan. You would need to swap the SIM for the T-Mobile one when you want to use T-Mobile if you want to use both.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones