• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I Use the Froyo for the Incredible?

balexan

Lurker
Oct 13, 2010
I have the update.zip file meant for the Incredible. Before I brick my phone: I've allowed non-sanctioned software in Settings. 1) Will this allow me to use the 2.2 meant for the Incredible, and 2) will it brick my phone? I have the procedure to root the phone and install the 2.2 ROM that way, but this seems easier. Plus, can I then unroot?

I have the update.zip file meant for the Incredible. Before I brick my phone: I've allowed non-sanctioned software in Settings. 1) Will this allow me to use the 2.2 meant for the Incredible, and 2) will it brick my phone? I have the procedure to root the phone and install the 2.2 ROM that way, but this seems easier. Plus, can I then unroot?

Won't work.

See this thread for interesting reading regarding bricking your phone (or at least trying to):

http://androidforums.com/eris-all-things-root/172526-practically-impossible-brick.html

The OP for that thread (andrizoid) did try flashing other ROMs on his Eris in a purposeful attempt to brick it. Didn't brick, but the non-Eris ROMs didn't work either.

Upvote 0

It's best to use the ROM developed for each specific device, balexan.

Here's an Incredible 2.2 Froyo ROM:

http://androidforums.com/incredible...-26-605-1-new-ota-leak-rooted-10-13-10-a.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones