• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can Receive, but not Send Email

Bartsfam

Lurker
Aug 18, 2012
Hello All!
Brand new here. Long story short is.....Nextel Blackberry is being discontinued. Sprint made my work switch to the Motorola Admiral, because we need direct connect.

I am in charge of setting up the new phones with work email. Email receives, but will not send. I spent, literally, four hours on the phone today with Sprint & Charter Communications. Each blames the other. We even had a three way conference call. The Sprint rep. finally stated that their software is not compatible with Charter. Sorry.
My settings are as follows for outgoing:

EMAIL ADDRESS: jsmith@jones.com
PASSWORD: ******
SMTP Server: smtp.charter-business.net
SECURITY TYPE: TLS
SERVER PORT: 587

Charter insists these are the settings. They work on the Blackberry. When used for the Admiral, I get "send action canceled."

The Sprint guy tried to set it up on his end on an Admiral. He got the same results. When he tried it on another Android product, the outgoing email worked. The best the Sprint guy could do he said, was to notify Motorola to address the issue in a future update. He also recommended I try K9 EMail. I tried this also with the same bad results!!

Can this be it? Did we just purchase 20 Admirals,and we cannot send emails? In this day and age,that's it???

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hello All!
Brand new here. Long story short is.....Nextel Blackberry is being discontinued. Sprint made my work switch to the Motorola Admiral, because we need direct connect.

I am in charge of setting up the new phones with work email. Email receives, but will not send. I spent, literally, four hours on the phone today with Sprint & Charter Communications. Each blames the other. We even had a three way conference call. The Sprint rep. finally stated that their software is not compatible with Charter. Sorry.
My settings are as follows for outgoing:

EMAIL ADDRESS: jsmith@jones.com
PASSWORD: ******
SMTP Server: smtp.charter-business.net
SECURITY TYPE: TLS
SERVER PORT: 587

Charter insists these are the settings. They work on the Blackberry. When used for the Admiral, I get "send action canceled."

The Sprint guy tried to set it up on his end on an Admiral. He got the same results. When he tried it on another Android product, the outgoing email worked. The best the Sprint guy could do he said, was to notify Motorola to address the issue in a future update. He also recommended I try K9 EMail. I tried this also with the same bad results!!

Can this be it? Did we just purchase 20 Admirals,and we cannot send emails? In this day and age,that's it???

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Try Moxier Mail. Comes as a stock APP on the admiral

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones