• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can the phone be activated on the sharp ROM?

I know that it can't be activated unless on stock, but since sharp is based off stock, could it be activated with that? I want to sell my phone and I'm unsure whether to flash back to stock or give the person a treat by giving them a fully working ROM with better GPS.
Sharp ROM is NOT based off of the Tiumph at all. I might try to get the activation working on it some day, but it has stuff in the framework, hidden partition, libs and apps.

So I would put it back to STOCK and leave Sharp Ver6 on the SD card, then after they activate, they can flash Ver6 or higher, over Stock with out wiping the phone. Just make sure they get a voicemail while it is on Stock ROM, and they will have a 100% working phone, fixing the voicemail *86 issue. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones