• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can to restore to stock on CWM from Vodoo!! New to SF from rooted/crippled DX's

neoxfl

Apr 9, 2010
Hello
I am new to SF. I had a DX,which I rooted, tried diffrent roms and finally each one of them started dying. I went through 4 DX's Finally switched to SF. Loving my phone now. Feel no diffrence call quality wise. Love SF actaully, personally connects faster than DX. download are the same. I dont have the GPS fix issue with my SF which I have read on forums.
I have already ROOTED my SF, but I want to try out Vodoo. The only thing that is preventing me from trying is ability to restore in simple and easy way. My question is if I make a nandroid back up from Clockworkmod recovery, Then install Vodoo. Is there any way I can just restore my back up and wipe out voodoo (in case I need to return SF, which I am not planning so far)?
Pl let me know all the pro's out there for SF.

Thanks

PS: I LOVE MY SF MUCH BETTER DEVICE AS COMPARED TO MY SHITTY DX's
Sorry for Language!

I wish it was that simple.

If you did a Nandroid restore from CWM, it won't completely remove voodoo.

In order to wipeout voodoo, you have to do the following:
[How to] Completely Remove Voodoo Lagfix - xda-developers

Granted, you can still backup and restore with voodoo. It's just a more lengthy process. You have to disable_lagfix, then run your backup to a Nandroid. Then restore voodoo by removing the "disable_lagfix" file.

If you wanted to restore your nandroid, I BELIEVE you have to disable_lagfix again, and then run your nandroid backup.

Upvote 0
personanlly voodoo have made a very noticeable change to the speed/performance of my phone beyond benchmark numbers. In regard to the uninstaller though, from what I read its a crapshoot like it works for half the people out there thats why adrynlyne took it down for awhile and then put it back up without fanfare.

If you plan on installing voodoo i would be prepared to follow the manual instructions using adb. I know a lot of people don't like adb and do everything to get around it, but its a failsafe usually and something like voodoo shouldnt be done unless you have it set up/know how to use it.

Upvote 0
Can you disable_lagfix, flash a different kernel, then delete the disable_lagfix file to remove voodoo? I'm loving it, just wondering for future reference.

good question, im not sure that would work maybe someone knows. For my own piece of mind even if that worked I'd still manually remove voodoo in recovery with adb, which when froyo is available ill do to test it out. Ill probably then go back to 2.1 with voodoo and wait 2.2 w/ updated voodoo.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones