• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Note 4 (N910F) Marshmallow Xposed issue - root access/lag

The_Ty

Sep 7, 2013
Recently (finally) upgraded my Note 4 (N910F) to Marshmallow and all was well. Rooted it/installed CWM and all was well. So far so good.

My problem came when trying to make the Xposed framework work.

I've put off using it for a while since I know it had problems working on stock ROMs, and I'm one of the weird guys who likes the Stock ROM on my Samsung phones. Found out the other day that they finally sorted this.

Went into recovery and tried installing one version of the framework which put the phone into a bootloop. No biggie, I used the uninstaller and tried an alt version which then worked.

And so to my problem. For the most part the phone runs fine and the Xposed app works fine, let's me install and mess with the modules.

*However*, if I attempt anything which needs root access like Titanium Backup it all goes wrong. The usual superuser prompt pops up asking to grant access, then everything hangs. If I tap on "grant" it doesn't register the tap, then a bunch of services and apps start closing (I get numerous "[x] isn't responding, Do you want to close it" and ""unfortunately [x] has stopped" messages). SuperUser itself will also ask for root access and the same thing happens.

Spent hours searching for answers and tried some of the usual fixes. I've disabled S Health and edited the build.prop file and it does nothing. I've restored a recovery backup of my system and done the whole thing from scratch (going straight to the framework which works) numerous times but the same thing happens each time

At a complete loss with this and almost resigned to giving Xposed a miss. If anyone has any ideas it'd be massively appreciated :)

- Ty

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones