• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can you get the "last seen" location of a deactivated phone?

If you had Google location history switched on you should be able to find out where it last gave a location update. And since Google tend to be presumptuous about this it's possible that you had it enabled without realising.

I can't check directly & provide instructions as this is something I turn off myself, but you should be able to review your location history in your Google account data somewhere.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply. I don't know if I did switch it on or not. I didn't have the phone very long so unless it was automatic them probably not. I went to Google find my device and it shows that it was last seen at 11:04am but it doesn't give me the location. I understand it can't connect to it now that it's deactivated but I don't understand how it can show the last seen timestamp and not have an associated location. So, I was hoping someone on here could help me find it another way if it's possible. Thanks again anyway.

Upvote 0
When you go to the 'Find My Device' site does it show a map?:
https://www.google.com/android/find?u=0
Being a newish phone you shouldn't need to enable anything beforehand (it's more of a opt-out thing than opt-in) but it does require some kind of online connectivity (WiFi or cellular, to do the tracking) and Location enabled (for the mapping). The map should at least show the last detected location (if you want the full location history though, that is something you need to enable first. If you go to is anything listed?:
https://myaccount.google.com/activitycontrols/location?pli=1

Upvote 0
Bummer it was stolen. Have you contacted your carrier and cancelled the account that phone was using? Notifying your carrier about your situation should also result in that phone's IMEI blacklisted, making things a lot harder for whomever stole it to get their own cellular service working on it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones