• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can you help me find the right rom please???

I would like a rom for my evo4g that gps, 4g and wifi work on. I don't care about the teather thing. I have never needed it. I would like the rom to be 1 similar to the one the evo has on it around the time it was launched. 2.1 or 2.2. I thank you for ur help.

pretty much all of the roms that are out now have everything working. the only roms that do not have 4g working is miui and the sense 3.5 roms. also there is the ICS roms but they are in the beginning stages still so a lot of things do not work yet.

i would start out with mikg3.0. it is sense 2.1 and sense 3.0 combined. it is fast, stable, and everything works.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Thanks. had the evo since launch day. Never rooted but i can't stand the new update that changed what happens when you hit the power button. i swear every since that update i am getting about 2 hours less battery time. seems like it gets shittier after each update.

Well you came to the right place then!! :D

I'll +1 MikG. I keep telling folks this rom is what the Gingerbread update "SHOULD" have been. ;)

Also for better battery read this thread on kernels:
http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/389360-kernels-dummies.html

If you have any questions you know where to find us now!! :)

Upvote 0
Well you came to the right place then!! :D

I'll +1 MikG. I keep telling folks this rom is what the Gingerbread update "SHOULD" have been. ;)

Also for better battery read this thread on kernels:
http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/389360-kernels-dummies.html

If you have any questions you know where to find us now!! :)

i so agree with that, granite. can you imaging if htc hired mik to design their stock roms? how amazing would our phones be right out of the box. maybe we would not need to root:eek:.....wait what am i thinking. how would i get my flash on then?:D

Upvote 0
Thanks. had the evo since launch day. Never rooted but i can't stand the new update that changed what happens when you hit the power button. i swear every since that update i am getting about 2 hours less battery time. seems like it gets shittier after each update.

Wait, does this mean you want to go back to the android version Froyo?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones