• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cancelled Sprint back to crApT&T

1zdyet5.jpg

:)

Upvote 0
You have 30 days to return the phone, I would never believe anything anyone says to you, unless you have a "final bill" printed that states what you owe, I would bet you will get a very large bill, but it probably will be for early termination fee not the retail price of the phone.

The ETF ($200) on top of the cost of the phone ($299) isn't much more than retail ($449) anyway.

($299 because you don't get the $100 rebate unless you have service on the phone for over 30 days)

Upvote 0
yea.. I think I'll call back in a few days and see what someone else says.

I didnt want to leave sprint... service was AMAZING but I was finding it so hard to adjust to the evo coming from an iphone.... :( I'm still kicking myself for going back to att....

Youre giving up *learning* a new device in less then a week? Oh My! ............ Goodbye ;)

Reactions: jkr4577
Upvote 0
i know it is... I'm just confused as to why the rep would tell me that I didnt have to return it. He said that my account was closed and all that I owe is for minutes used.....

By the way... you shouldn't have any bill unless you had overages (went over your allotted minutes or something like that). Sprint has a 30 day worry free guarantee Sprint Free Guarantee

Upvote 0
Leaving iPhone was the best thing I could have done. There is a learning curve but you gave it a week man...

+1.

Gotta confess, I didn't like the EVO the first day I got it, was way too confused with all the options and all the customization choices and I found it intimidating coming from the very straightforward iPhone 2G. It really did take me a few days to set it up as I liked, plus a lot of trial and error, but now I like it a lot.

I don't want to start another silly EVO vs iPhone war, but I'd recommend the OP at least gives his EVO another week or so. 30 days is a good long time, and you might get to see how the new iPhone 4 launch works out (presuming you're thinking of getting that phone). If those are buggy or problematic, you might regret switching back so soon. 30 days is nice.

Anyway, good luck. It's true that Android is not for everyone so I hope AT&T works out for you second time around! I was with them for years and it was really an OK service out in California, but when I moved to Chicago it was just terrible and I switched, so we all have our reasons.

Upvote 0
You have to return the phone. I went through this crap with a Blackberry Tour when I signed up with Verizon. I returned the phone to Best Buy where I bought it and cancelled my contract. Verizon tried to charge me $400 saying that I didn't return the phone. It took several phone calls between me and Best Buy to get it resolved. I was surprised at the real lack of customer service with Verizon, especially for how much you pay to be on their network.

Upvote 0
Leaving iPhone was the best thing I could have done. There is a learning curve but you gave it a week man...
I have to agree.
I sold my 3GS because I knew I was going to love the EVO.
Yes, its diffrent than the iPhone. We just have to snap out of the Big Brother Apple mode and relearn how to do things.
I miss a few of the Apps I had on my iPhone, but the EVO and Sprints pricing well make up for it.

Hang onto it dude, try again.
Ask questions here. I am a newbie to Android too. When I cant figure it out, I ask and so far, everyone has been great with assistance.
Try this forum as well . . .
HTC Evo 4G Forum

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones