• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

U.S. Post Office

I mow primarily in upscale new housing areas where they have neighborhood boxes instead of personal mail boxes. That forces the residents to walk to their box each day to get their mail. I suppose it's an inventive idea that has to decrease delivery time and makes the neighborhood less cluttered with individual resident boxes. I get it. However, the multi box units are set at the curb between two houses. My mow truck and trailer is too long to park in front of the homes sharing a box without being close to the box and my trailer ramp blocking some of the resident's drive. Three times I've been mowing such a lawn to find a printed note on my windshield advising me that I can't park within six feet of the box. It does force the deliver person to get off their duff to put the mail in the different boxes. Oh my! I'm only using the area for twenty or thirty minutes and it's obvious that I'm a lawn company and not just parked there for no reason. Three times warned with likely 900 times parking too close to the box doesn't seem like that big a deal to me. Just bad timing.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
It's the same here. All of the newer additions have them. Being as I've lived in my home for many decades, I'm grandfathered in. My mail is still delivered to a box on my house. Only two homes on my block enjoy such a convivence. New owners for the last couple of decades have been required to put a mailbox at the curb. The mail carrier just drives down the street, burning expensive gas, and only leaves his vehicle when he has to. I guess that saves money. I'm surprised that I've not been forced to move my box to the street.

Upvote 0
The Post Office in my area is really messed up. I just got this notice from my HOA

Over the last few days, our office received an overwhelming amount of calls and emails from homeowners whose assessment payments have not yet cleared their bank accounts. Some owners reported receving their assessment payment returned in the mail with a yellow sticker applied by the USPS indicating it was "undeliverable". It has been determined an error on behalf of the US Postal Service and nothing to do with our lockbox address (PO Box) or the Association's bank. There has been no change to the PO Box address as reflected on your payment coupons.

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
Last month I received a text from my cell provider saying my bill was overdue. The wife pays it by mail and our check was sent a half month before it was due. I went to my local provider establishment and after they confirmed it was still delinquent I paid by card. The very next day I was notice that all I owe for the following month was the late fee... confirming they had received my original payment. Total BS

Upvote 0
Like i said on the 1st page, was it the mail service or was it their bank being behind processing mail in payments?
There is no really knowing for certain. All I know is I was assessed with a late payment penalty for an account that I paid in time. Also something to note, this was accessed by my cell carrier where I've had the account for nearly forty years and never been late with a payment.

Upvote 0
A Christmas card my wife mailed was returned today due to an incorrect address. It was postmarked Dec 4. So it took the Post Office over 2 months to return it.
Well, Christmas is over so I suppose the postal service figures you have eight months, which is plenty of time before you need to mail it again...

Upvote 0
A week ago, the 7th of February, I ordered an ultrasound therapy tool. It exceeded the vendor's minimal financial expenditure for free 3 day ground shipping via USPS. The 8th. AM, I received an email saying an address label was created and USPS awaiting item. Later that day I received an update saying package acceptance pending. Checking the tracking shows the package was accepted at the origin facility this morning the 14th of February. Vendor or USPS delay?

Upvote 0
I'd say Vendor, though that isn't uncommon. System automatically creates and prints shipping label when the order is placed even though it may be several days before it is presented to the shipper.
You are likely correct. I've never waited over 24 hours for an item to physically arrive for shipping after a shipping label was created so the delay was starting to be a concern.

Speaking of USPS shipping, I returned my Life Vest yesterday. The vest and all of it's electronics, the batteries and charger, and the communication hub all fit neatly in the postage paid return box. The packing instructions included a warning in bold print to be certain to get a shipping receipt. That seems like a no brainer but they felt it important enough to warn the public.

Upvote 0
Dealing with the same thing, ordered an item on the 2nd, sat at vendor and didn't move until until the 13th. Completely unacceptable.

Screenshot_20240214_092607_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
I'm also disappointed in FedEx. I ordered an item being shipped from California. It arrived at FedEx on Friday and their site says I will get it on Thursday. That's really slow/

I also have had trouble with FedEx in Tennessee. UPS has no problem finding my site and it shows up on GPS. FedEx will try to deliver an item twice, then write it up as undeliverable and then dump it off at a Dollar General Store for me to pick up

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones