• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cannot get SU Update

Hi webby62!

Have you tried uninstalling SU and re-downloading SuperSu from the Play Store to see if that solves your problem?

Failing that, try re-rooting using the Siyah 6.0b4 kernel, which I preferred anyway.

Hi Bud,tried re-downloading SU still wouldnt do it,put Siyah 6.0b4 kernel on my sd card and flashed it then flashed Neatrom LSS ,all back ok now thanks,my meddling is now gonna stop,my contract runs out early next year thinking of the s4 or the S5 which im hearing whispers about,will there be many more releases for the S2?
Very quiet in this forum lately nothing new seems to be happening :(

Upvote 0
Glad you've got it sorted!

thinking of the s4 or the S5 which im hearing whispers about,

Ah yes! The good old rumour mill... deca core... I don't think so. The octa core doesn't perform as well as the quad core at the moment...

Battery tests for Exynos 5 Octa powered Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4 complete, here are the results

will there be many more releases for the S2?
Very quiet in this forum lately nothing new seems to be happening :(

Honest answer... I don't think so. I'm dubious that it will get 4.2.2. It is now 3 months past its EoL and Samsung and other manufacturers are seemingly concentrating on getting up-to-date firmware out with patches for the Master Key vulnerabilities and Android 4.3, not to mention Android 5. You also have to bear in mind that carriers are no longer interested in supporting the SGSII and so I doubt very much if they would bother anyway.

Having said that, I think the way forward is via custom ROMs such as CM10.1 and Alliance as the SGSII, IMHO, is still one of the best and most reliable handsets around and could easily go another year with a custom 4.2.2 or 4.3 ROM.

Reactions: webby62
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones