• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cannot turn off High Contrast Fonts

Erik Hare

Lurker
Oct 9, 2019
Greetings:

I've had my V50 (Sprint) for a month. From the start, High Contrast Fonts was turned on, but I do not know why. This makes some apps just about unusable.

I would like to turn it off, but the setting under Acessibility > Vision is simply missing.

I have tried everything - reset the phone, waited for Android 10, all of it. Nothing makes this setting option re-appear. The option is simply not present in the settings.

I have heard that sometimes an inappropriate home screen or theme can cause this very problem, but I do not have any customized screen.

Are there any other suggestions? For example, is there another app which has the ability to control settings that might have this option in it?

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
There are various options for a high contrast screen which is not the issue. High contrast font is a very strange experiment that involves something like a outline font with a white outline. It is completely unreadable when it becomes small. It's very hard to read even at a large size. Somehow this has turned on and it should not be on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones