• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't access Comcast email

irishpride

Android Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2010
Emerald City
I got my Dad a Nook Color for Christmas and just recently had a chance to root it and get rid of that annoying skin. The only issue I'm having is that I can't seem to get his Comcast email to show his messages. I feel like I've tried everything, and before you ask, yes I am using the "email" not "gmail", I even tried K9 Mail and nothing seems to work. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated. Thanks

I got my Dad a Nook Color for Christmas and just recently had a chance to root it and get rid of that annoying skin. The only issue I'm having is that I can't seem to get his Comcast email to show his messages. I feel like I've tried everything, and before you ask, yes I am using the "email" not "gmail", I even tried K9 Mail and nothing seems to work. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Here is my setup...
Incoming Server Settings:
Username: Your Login Name
Password:Your Password
POP3 server:mail.comcast.net
Security Type: SSL (always)
Port 995

OutgoingServer Settings:
SMTP Server: smtp.comcast.net
Security Type: SSL (Always)
Port 465
"Require Sign-In" is Checked
Authentication type: Plain
User Name: Your User Name
Password: Your Password.
(These are the manual settings pulled from my Droid X)

I just tested my comcast account on my wife's nook color and it set up the account automatically once I input my email address and password. Was able to send and receive mail.
-bob

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones