1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

can't activate phone anymore

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xVermicide, Dec 18, 2012.

1. xVermicide

xVermicide Member

i can't activate my phone. i took it in to metro to activate it with the $55/month unlimited 4G promotional offer. well everything was going good until we were almost done then the lady asked if my phone was rooted, showing me that it kept force closing when she was putting in some access code.

she gave me a number to call to activate my phone, i'm on the line right now with the chick and she's having me call ##626* or whatever and when i put in the 6-digit number she gives me, the dialer force closes. any help?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

weird never heard of that, if its rooted just unroot it and then try activating it.

Have you tried activating it from their website?

3. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

4. HoUdInI

HoUdInI Android Enthusiast

one downfall of rooting and the only one that i have seen people having trouble with....hope you got it fixed...

5. king lion

king lion Well-Known Member

You can still activate your phone Tell them to air program it and give the information from under the battery on the phone

6. HoUdInI

HoUdInI Android Enthusiast

na they won't do that at metropcs they do not know customer service.....but your only work around is remove the root get back to stock so your phone will have proper factory reset and your golden...

7. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

Yes metro has changed they dont do that air programming no more the supervisor told me to take it to the corporate store and the corporate store tells you to get a new phone from your insurance if the phone isnt covered under warranty ....

8. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

When are the esteem going to use lgpnst 1.3. i know its a zvd tot file out or a refurbish tot file to run on the on the 1.3 lgpnst. Cause they say many concern about 1.1 and this new almond screen .

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews