• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cant complete bootloader unlocking.

Skiedra

Aug 31, 2016
Hey.
When Im trying to unlock bootloader it says me to press volume up to unlock or press volume down to deny unlocking, but there is problem, It does not respond to Volume up, but responds only to Volume down bottom which denies unlocking, any suggestions?

What device do you have?

It could be that it first takes an unlock code/key to unlock or your device simply does not support unlocking...
Its Ulefone future. I dont think that it dont let me unlock it, there is something wrong with bottoms... It even dont let me into recovery mode when holding power and volume up. It just shows logo and turns off, but when holding power and volume down it just takes me into some kind of testing where everything is on chinise. It is booting and working when I hold power bottom to turn it on... Maybe im wrong and without root I cant accesss to recovery mode? But when I use commands on PC it does allow me to go into recovery mode.

Upvote 0
Recovery Mode Ulefone Future

1. Turn off the device
  2. Press and hold Volume Up key + Power Key for a few seconds
  3. Release all keys when Android appears on the screen
  4. Press Power key once to enter Recovery Mode
  5. Use Volume keys to select Menu and Power key to Confirm

Hard reset Ulefone Future using External Hardware keys

1. In Recovery Mode, Use Volume keys to select wipe data / factory reset
  2. Press Power key to confirm selection
  3. Use Volume keys to select Yes — delete all user data
  4. Press power key to confirm selection
  5. Use Volume keys to select Reboot system now
  6. Press Power key to confirm selection
I would advice you to use extreme caution in this endeavor. In my limited research I have found three important facts.

1. There is no viable root method.
2. There are no custom ROMs available
3. There is no official firmware available.​

With that information I am perplexed as to why you would take a chance at permanently bricking such a nice device, for little or no gain.

Upvote 0
May I ask to deliver me a new device? So it seems that something isnt right at all that it ignores volume up when turned off... It does not let me into recovery mode, so it just ignores volume up... It just turns on and thats it...

If your volume keys otherwise work in "normal" Android, then I'm not sure you have a case for a warranty claim for a device replacement.

It very well could be that your device does not allow what you're trying to do (crappy, but not unheard of).

Here's an interesting thread that you might have already run across:

A word of caution in trying anything mentioned in that thread as it appears that several folks ended-up with non-usable devices after trying some of the tips/methods mentioned therein.

Upvote 0
If your volume keys otherwise work in "normal" Android, then I'm not sure you have a case for a warranty claim for a device replacement.

It very well could be that your device does not allow what you're trying to do (crappy, but not unheard of).

Here's an interesting thread that you might have already run across:

A word of caution in trying anything mentioned in that thread as it appears that several folks ended-up with non-usable devices after trying some of the tips/methods mentioned therein.
Hhaha, there is the funniest thing, ealier it let me to some kind of chinise test mode when holding power and volume down, now it dont want to do such things, only turns on. Funny chinise expensive useless crap

Upvote 0
So, hoe about factory reset? May be any goods from that?

I can't say...there is a way to reach the factory data reset from the Settings app -> Backup & reset -> Factory data reset that does not involve using the hardware keys...I'd be a little bit skittish, though, given what I've read in the link I provided above :eek: :thinking:.

Use your best judgement and caveat emptor :).

Upvote 0
I can't say...there is a way to reach the factory data reset from the Settings app -> Backup & reset -> Factory data reset that does not involve using the hardware keys...I'd be a little bit skittish, though, given what I've read in the link I provided above :eek: :thinking:.

Use your best judgement and caveat emptor :).
Okay, just found out that I CAN access to chinise testing shit when using power and volume down... Many say that if I access to recovery mode, then it just bricks the phone, but recovery isnt that I need, I need to unlock bootloader and screw that recovery mode..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones