• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't display a Web Cam on a Brower page

I'm a first time tablet user so probably a pretty dumb question.
When I use the internet icon on the Samsung Note 10.1 2014 Edition and go to a site that has a web cam the tablet will not display or hook up to the web cam. Using my Sony laptop the same web cam works fine. What the heck am I doing wrong??

Operating system is Kit Kat 4.4.2 and connected to WiFi.
Thanks in advance for any help you have.

Thanks EarlyMon.
So you are saying that the included browser on the tablet can't display flash formated sites?
There isn't anything in the settings of the included browser that I can change to display a Flash offering?
Correct, your browser doesn't support it and nope, no way to add it because Android and Adobe dropped native Flash support back in Jellybean or ICS.

You need a KitKat-capable browser with Flash support and the modified Flash installer originally posted at XDA.

Dolphin Browser is your great big easy button.

If you still have webcams that won't work after trying it, post a link to one and I'll debug it - I'm on 4.4.2 as well and don't have the problem.

I just pulled up a Miami Beach web cam with mine via 4G - zero problems. :)

Upvote 0
With safe browsing and only loading apps from a reputable source, like the Google Play Store, you really don't need one.

You can enhance your web surfing safety by using the ad blocking add-on in Firefox for example.

Browser hijacking is the latest and AV apps seem to not be effective at it.

Nonetheless, I use Malwarebytes.

Thanks EarlyMon. I also use Malwarebytes on my PC's. I'll see if there is a version specifically for Android Tablets.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones