• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cant download anything from market.

Ahhhhh! This is really annoying! I was trying to download some updates and it kept saying download unsuccessful. I searched the web and tried clearing cache, factory reset, new google account, and it still doesn't work. I'm really pissed off as it looks like this had nothing to do with my Desire in the first place and I have to re-download every single app! Has this been resolved for some of you?

Upvote 0
Ahhhhh! This is really annoying! I was trying to download some updates and it kept saying download unsuccessful. I searched the web and tried clearing cache, factory reset, new google account, and it still doesn't work. I'm really pissed off as it looks like this had nothing to do with my Desire in the first place and I have to re-download every single app! Has this been resolved for some of you?

lol i did quite a bit of reseting and so on... did not wipe the phone though, unlucky dude, invest in a backup app :D

Upvote 0
Yes, same problem with my phone. I was getting to the point of re-selling the phone on ebay and buying one that works until I luckily read this thread. Will give it a few days and see what happens with this market.

Update: It seems the switching back to googlemail instead of gmail trick has fixed mine for now.. maybe the market doesn't like gmail addresses.

Upvote 0
I have the same problem on my G1. This has been going on for several days now. My market version is 2007, and the market updater is version 1000. Based on this thread, I haven't tried changing back to googlemail, as I have no idea how to do that. I do get update notifications, but cannot download anything.

Does anyone know what is really happening?

Thanks,

Upvote 0
lol i did quite a bit of reseting and so on... did not wipe the phone though, unlucky dude, invest in a backup app :D

I've backed up all my contacts, messages and personal data. I still have to download all my apps again though :eek: For those going on about gmail and googlemail; all new accounts seem to be googlemail, but you can change it by logging in on your desktop where there is a message above your inbox. I've tried both googlemail and gmail and neither works. I did just manage to download an update now...

Upvote 0
Its working for me NOW but last night (even bought a Pool game as was concerned about that SO now I cant refund that)...this reminded me of OVI Stores (Nokia - 'Hock Spit') & similiar happened there...I searched out #android last night on Twitter & similiar was happening...

THIS OBVIOUSLY HAD TO DO WITH GOOGLE AND SOMEONE SITTING PRETTY ON THEIR ASS for too long a period !

Upvote 0
Hello, I have this same issue, but as well as not being able to download from market I can't download from browser either. It says my phone is "out of space". I have tried all the solutions suggested everywhere and even factory reset the phone - guess what none of them worked and now i can't download any of my apps either from market or internet. My phone was working perfectly until 4 days ago and now it's a heap of junk.

Is anyone else affected by downloading from internet too?

(Before anyone asks, I've got 133mb internal storage free, and 25gb sdcard storage free)

Upvote 0
Sorry for double post but I have a fix. Not sure if this will work for everyone but this is what happened to me and how I fixed it.

EDIT - OK SORRY BUT IT WAS WORKING, LET ME DOWNLOAD 3 APPS BUT NOW NOT WORKING AGAIN!!!!

Problem seemed to arise after changing from @googlemail to @gmail on my pc. From then on nothing would download from marketplace on my phone.

First part of solution was to pull up igoogle on my pc.
Clicked on Settings in top right corner then clicked 'Google account settings' from drop down.
On new page clicked on 'settings' next to Google mail.
Then on next page clicked 'Accounts and Imports' tab. Under this tab where it shows your email address is a little link saying 'switch back to @googlemail.com' clicked this.

After doing all of that on the pc I was back with a @googlemail.com address.

Then on my phone I went into settings>applications>manage apps>all. I cleared data and cache from 'Download manager' 'market' and 'talk'.
I then switched my phone off and back on again.
Once back on I went into google talk and it was now signed in as @googlemail.
Went into market and was then able to download apps again!!

Phew. Anyway looked like problem was that once 'talk' was signed in as 'gmail' I couldn't sign out of it. By changing mail back on pc and clearing cache/data in 'talk' on phone, 'talk' reverted to @googlemail and everything works again.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones