• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't download apps and can't view facebook comments over wifi

dorlow

Android Enthusiast
Jan 2, 2014
Ok, this new phone is frustrating me. I had an LG V30. I upgraded to a Samsung Note 10+. For whatever reason, I cannot download any apps over my home wifi. I also can't view facebook comments to posts while using my home wifi. But while on wifi, I'm able to do about everything else. I can browse the web and I can use other apps that need internet data. I run speediest and I'm getting over 200 Mb/s over my home wifi.

To download an app or view Facebook comments, I need to disconnect from wifi and use cellular.

My wife upgraded her phone the same day, but she got a Pixel 4. Hers works perfect over wifi. My old phone worked perfect over wifi.

I was having a lot of other random issues with this Samsung Note 10+. I had a 2 week window to return the phone. So I went to Verizon a few days ago. They wouldn't allow me to swap it for a different phone. But they allowed me to swap it for another phone that was identical. I did it. I'm having the same exact issues with the new phone.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get this stuff to work? I've had any different android phones over the last 15 years and never had as many problems as this Samsung Note 10+.

Last edited:
I cannot download any apps over my home wifi. I also can't view facebook comments
Are you using their respective apps, e.g., the Play app? If so, have you tried using a browser instead?

Try going to the Play Store--with a browser--and see if you're able to install apps onto your Note 10+. Likewise, try accessing facebook with a browser and see if you can view comments.

Let us know the results.

Upvote 0
ok so since you have had two different phones and you still see the same issue, the problem lies with your home network and /or how you have set up your phone.

i dont use facebook but i just tried it on the note 10 and had no issues with the app at all.

instead of the facebook APP, did you try the just going to facebook.com using a web browser? maybe you need to clear the apps cache.

your situation is unique so without seeing your phone in person its going to be difficult for anyone over the internet to help with this unique issue.

Reactions: puppykickr
Upvote 0
So I dont know what changed, but today I can view facebook comments and download apps over wifi. But when I'm downloading an app, it does stay at 'waiting for download' for a minute or so. Over 4g, it instantly starts. But its working better today.

There are a ton of downloading issues with Google lately.

Juzt look at the reviees that people are posting, and the amount of people ha ing the issue that are posting about it online.

The solution seems to be to update Google Play Store, update Google Play Services, and then go into the app settings snd cldar the data for both of them.

Then wsit 5-10 minutes and open the Play Store.

Be sure to reset your preferences first thing.

After Google downloads some thing of its own (it may or may not), try downloading your stuff again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones