• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cant download torrents or big megaupload/fileserve ect. files

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really need some help, I have tried numerous ways, numerous programs, I have tried just about everything, but for some reason on 4g only I can't download anything big no matter what it is, can't get torrents at all on 4g, but they will start to download if I turn lte off and get on 1x (slow as hell of course, would take days), on 4g/lte they will start and stop instantly, why, if it stays going on 1x but stops on lte, wtf is the problem.

With megaupload and other file sharing sites I can download small files (android apk files, music, pictures, ect) but everytime I try to get a big one it either goes real fast and syas download complete without actually downloading anything, it will say download unsuccessful instantly, or it will start downloading and never finish, it will stop during the process and give me the unsuccessful message, what the hell is going on, it seems like there is some kind of restriction to every way possible of getting large files over the 4g/lte network, I need some help please.

just tried to download some torrents, i'm having no luck getting the torrent files to start the download... haha

Did you use adownloader, if so, it does not matter, I tried all the torrent programs and they do not work over 4g/lte, at all. If there is a restriction I want to know so I can have some closure to this issue, that was the most important factor to me when getting this phone (don't have to go anywhere to get a movie when with a chick, instant download and transfer to something and you poppin with ease) I thought everything was unlimited, wtf is the deal.

Upvote 0
I really need some help, I have tried numerous ways, numerous programs, I have tried just about everything, but for some reason on 4g only I can't download anything big no matter what it is, can't get torrents at all on 4g, but they will start to download if I turn lte off and get on 1x (slow as hell of course, would take days), on 4g/lte they will start and stop instantly, why, if it stays going on 1x but stops on lte, wtf is the problem.

With megaupload and other file sharing sites I can download small files (android apk files, music, pictures, ect) but everytime I try to get a big one it either goes real fast and syas download complete without actually downloading anything, it will say download unsuccessful instantly, or it will start downloading and never finish, it will stop during the process and give me the unsuccessful message, what the hell is going on, it seems like there is some kind of restriction to every way possible of getting large files over the 4g/lte network, I need some help please.

THANK THE LORD THEY BLOCK THE TORRENT PROTOCOL. DUDE LEAVE THIS LIKE THIS FOR A NON CELLULAR CONNECTION. MAN THIS IS WHY ALL THIS CARRIERS DON'T WANT PEOPLE TO TETHER ON THERE NETWORK. I REALLY HOPE THEY BAND YOUR A$$ FROM METRO.

PLEASE READ THIS
Here is the FULL TERMS

MetroWEB Service is intended for use on your device and not on any other equipment. You acknowledge and agree that the web and data Rate Plans provided by MetroPCS are designed to be, and shall only be used, predominately for HTML/WAP browsing, email, intranet access to corporate intranets, individual productivity applications and multimedia streaming services provided by MetroPCS, its affiliates, authorized suppliers and licensors, and not for off portal multimedia streaming services. Except as may otherwise be specifically permitted or prohibited for select Rate Plans, data sessions may be conducted only for the following purposes: (i) Internet browsing; (ii) email; and (iii) some intranet access (including access to corporate intranets, email, and individual productivity applications like customer relationship management, sales force, and field service automation). This means, by way of example only, that checking email, surfing the Internet, downloading legally acquired songs, and/or visiting corporate intranets is permitted, but downloading movies using peer-to-peer (

Reactions: ickster
Upvote 0
Quit ruining it for the rest of us. If you are really cheap just get two of your neighbors to pitch in and share a cable internet connection between the three of you. Grab a few DD-WRT routers and set them up as repeater bridges and you're good.

Well put my friend. people like this really mess it up. Man I'm all for rooting and tethering as i use it too but for moderation. Something like what this User is trying to do is not moderation.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones