• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't enter CWM?

NoiseBomb

Lurker
Nov 17, 2012
Hello I'm new to rooting and all this. I bought my ascend a week ago and it's the muve music version 2.3.6 stock. I downgraded to stock 2.3.3 and then used a update.zip to root it (successful). Then i downloaded ROM Manager and installed CWM Recovery through it and i tried to backup my stock ROM from ROM Manager but it froze at the huawei boot logo and i had to remove the battery and boot up. Then i tried power button + vol up and it did the same thing. I was going to install A2tude becuase wifi doesnt work on cw7. Any suggestions?

Hello I'm new to rooting and all this. I bought my ascend a week ago and it's the muve music version 2.3.6 stock. I downgraded to stock 2.3.3 and then used a update.zip to root it (successful). Then i downloaded ROM Manager and installed CWM Recovery through it and i tried to backup my stock ROM from ROM Manager but it froze at the huawei boot logo and i had to remove the battery and boot up. Then i tried power button + vol up and it did the same thing. I was going to install A2tude becuase wifi doesnt work on cw7. Any suggestions?

you have the wrong recovery installed...

if you are successfully rooted, you can flash via terminal emulator (available on the market)

http://androidforums.com/optimus-ne...rkmod-recovery-through-terminal-emulator.html

or do it via fastboot like this...

Install PDAnet on your computer. This will install the USB drivers for your A2.

Next, get your recovery from here here are the 5 working recovery for ascend2

Next, extract it to a folder on your computer.

Navigate to the folder you extracted to and leave it open on your desktop.

Double click the 'adb-windows' (or 'adb-linux' etc...if you are using a linux box, 'adb-mac' if you are an iTard) This will pop a cmd window up and then it will disappear again.

Turn your phone off, then hold volume down and power together until it gets stuck at the white Huawei screen. Once at that screen, double click 'install-recovery-windows' (or linux or mac again...) and plug your phone in USB...it should do everything for you.

Some hourglasses and some window pops and then nothing...unplug your phone, pull the battery for 10 seconds and then reboot into recovery by holding vol up and pwr button. VIOLA! CWM!

Reactions: faheem247
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones